Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fires and Floods

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
Thank goodness my printer was able to save all the originals of my 33 manuals. It is certainly a miracle as he (my printer) lost everything and the building is a total loss. He is typical New England tough and has already started to make a comeback and will be able to continue to print my manuals.

Now the flood at the training center snow and ice on the roof with the rain we had the other day were not a good mix. Water came down into the center and all over equipment and materials we use for training. I am getting to old for this stuff. Well we are working to clean up and will be ready to start a week long class on Monday. We had cleared snow from the roof but it was the ice under the snow which caused the shingles to lift and then it got warm for one day and the ice melted and down came the water. The roof has held for two days and with 40 degree temps tomorrow will be a good test to see if we have conquered the beast.

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Good to hear you and your printer are on the road back.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Training center is dry today. Roof has been cleared. By the way it is a slanted roof not flat. We will see what the next few days bring with temperatures slated to go up to 40 degrees.