Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Slantfin Eutectic EC 13 with Riello burner.

Options
I just installed a Slantfin Eutectic EC 10 with a Riello Burner. I started it up and was disappointed with the results. With the air shutter set at 3 I was very low on my CO2. Surprisingly my smoke was at a 1+. When I closed the shutter and got my CO2 up to 12% as their manual suggested I was at a 3 smoke. After calling Tech Support they had me check a few things. Everything was to spec. He suggested trying backing the CO2 back to 10% - 11%. At best my smoke is 2+.

Has anyone run into this? Was there a solution? Any suggestions.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Was the Riello supplied by SlantFin or was it off the shelf?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • mgilchrest
    mgilchrest Member Posts: 3
    Options
    It was supplied by Slant/Fin
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    You may have better success contacting Riello.

I had an off the shelf Riello act real bad on a Buderus. The Riello rep told us to insert the blast tube all the way in (about another inch) and it cleared up completely.

Are you sure the burner is set to all the right specs? What's your nozzle pressure?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • mgilchrest
    mgilchrest Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes it's all set correctly. I talked to the Riello rep last night and he wants me to try a couple different things. I'll keep you posted.
  • Marz
    Marz Member Posts: 90
    Options
    I would pay attention to the head setting. Those units have done really well around here. Maybe the pump pressure is off?
  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    Options
    Sorry to drag this one up but I haven't been around in a while. Was this resolved? I noticed that huge Slant Fin Manual Spec of 3.0 on the airgate and the smoke that goes with it and Slant Fin not knowing why.. and there it was deja vu all over again.

I mucked with this for years. Every year I muck with it again. I tried various nozzles and pump pressures and it just will not run right anywhere near the specified air gate setting. I get 0 smoke at about 1 3/4 down to 1.0. Seems to dial in at 1.7 no smoke. And as long as you use the Wall spark gap setting as opposed to Riello's it lights off smooth as glass.