Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus gb142 issue

Options
tj_otto
tj_otto Member Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in THE MAIN WALL
Hello,

My buderus gb 142 ended up throwing the error code 3c 217 a couple days ago. I researched it and found a couple post on here saying they had replaced the fan, after seeking advice from buderus support. Also, this error code is in the french manual and not the english one, but all 3C error codes are fan related. The tech I had out did contact buderus as well and they said the same that it is related to the fan or possibly the UBA3 unit. He ended up telling me that he had to replace the UBA3. I mentioned the fan possibly being the problem after seeing the posts on here, but he said since the fan started it couldn't be that so I ended up paying a lot more to replace the UBA3. Well, after one day with the new UBA3, it threw the same code, 3c 217. I'm guessing the fan is the problem. Any others experience this problem? Request a refund I guess.

Thanks

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I would absolutely make them refund you your money since that wasn't the problem.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • tj_otto
    tj_otto Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I plan on it.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It may be the cable between the fan and the terminal board. Also, the contacts on the UBA socket should be carefully checked and cleaned.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • wcs5050
    wcs5050 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    I have found on other makes that even if a blower spins when energized, it's finite ability to ramp up and down for modulation has been compromised and the it needs replacement. On another note, I just cleaned the burner on one of these and it was filthy. The filth was not affecting burn yet, but it's a good thing to have done every 2-3 years depending.