Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

furnace not working right

Options
cwd
cwd Member Posts: 2
I have a Lennox Pulse in my house that is not switching on run heat. I can hear the pilot light on and it tries to ignite but never does. I looked at it and there is a green light on the Direct Ignite switch that is flashing. Does that indicate that is the problem? or does has anyone run into this scenario?

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    That is most likely the ignition fail code. Those furnaces where supposed to have a service preformed every 5 years. There is a service kit that replaces the " flapper " [every furnace should have one of those ] and some other stuff. Get that done by a Lennox dealer, others might not know about it.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There's no pilot on that furnace.
    How old is it? Eventually, the heat exchanger fails on all of them and Lennox has stopped offering most replacement parts, though some are available from after market sources.
    There's a specific method of pressure testing the HX, but it's time consuming and usually not worth the cost considering all the other factors.
    If your problem is anything more than the ignition module or igniter, you're probably better off looking at a replacement furnace.
    That furnace is completely different than any other and you need someone who's trained and certified to work on it.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    icesailorRobG
  • cwd
    cwd Member Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks for the info. I have a Lennox dealer scheduled to come look at it later, just had some questions.