Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham revolution

Options
I have been having a problem with not much heat from my revolution need some technical help !

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    What is it doing or not doing
  • michael225q
    michael225q Member Posts: 7
    Options
    it gets real hot like 215, puts out like 130 degrees the boiler circ does not come up to speed so I have been trying everything I can find on line. I finally bypassed the VS3000 and then everything got hot so I cut down the high limit to 170 and will try to find a VS3000 seems everyone is out of them as the boiler Is out of production.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    I think it was just a private labeled tekmar control running that circ.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    I will contact Burnham and see what they say as to the VS 3000.
  • Tim McElwain
    Options
    Problem is not the VS 3000 which by the way is still available as the VS 3001.

Your problem is the pump which builds up ferrous oxide due to running from hi to low temperatures over the years. Replace the entire circulator motor and pump.
  • michael225q
    Options
    I already changed both pumps and the thermistor and the high limit aqua stat. I did see a tread where someone mentioned how to bypass the blending pump by connecting the number 1 & 3 wires I tried it and the heat shot up fast so I cut the boiler temp down for now, while I check out the VS3000 . I found a small open in the printed circuit so I soldered in a piece of wire. putting everything back to normal will know in a couple hours.
  • michael225q
    Options
    also I did read about the build up in the pump - took it apart and the inside looked good as new.
  • michael225q
    Options
    The VS3000 was made by Tekmar would that be available as another number ?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    somebody has a replacement on the shelf . Google around, I found this company.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tim McElwain
    Options
    The VS3000 is available from Burnham stock as part # 8010601. The VS3001 was used on a later version of the Revolution and is also available.

• ottomedic
    ottomedic Member Posts: 1
    Options
    My problem is the boiler keeps going lower than the set point, at times to 125 degrees and suddenly back up to the set point, when I checked the resistance for the thermistor I couldn't get any reading (like it's an open circuit). But before I spend close to $400.00 on a vs 3000 I would like to change the thermistor first, but in the Installation, Operation and service instruction book there is no mention of a part number for it. Does anyone know the part number?
  • Tim McElwain
    Options
    If you are a contractor you can get in touch with Burnham. If not you have to get a professional to look at it and contact Burnham. They will not any longer communicate with non contractors. The contractor also has to be on site looking at the equipment when talking to them.
  • Jason_13
    Jason_13 Member Posts: 304
    edited January 2016
    Options
    the vs3000 is still available. Hook the thermister back up. If the upper light is flashing the sensor is bad. The lower light should flash until the water gets up to about 160f to 170f. Control should be set to 210f. The sensor should be on top of the boiler supply pipe with the end of the sensor touching the cast iron block.