Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

"skimming" before steam boiler is installed, any benefit?

2»

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,764
    My preference is Simple Green. That stuff is amazing to say the least. I use it to degrease engines in cars, I have even used it when rebuilding engines as a first step to get a bulk of the gunk off. It is biodegradable smells good and doesn't dry out your skin. I could be a poster child for that stuff I love it so much. Oh and it's water soluble so you can dilute it into a spray bottle for light jobs. Only small drawback is full strength it supposedly can eat some paint finishes though I have never had that issue. I recommend to anyone to try it out, you will be amazed at what a safe water soluble cleaner can remove. I was shocked the first time I used it.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542

Fred said:

Looking good! I know you'll be glad when this job is done!

Fred, I will be sooooo gladddd when this is done! Although I must admit it has been very interesting, a bit frustrating and actually fun to do. I will reiterate that I could not have done it correctly without you and others on this site. Most likely right now I would be redoing what I did wrong after finding out upon start up the system was not working correctly. You have saved me a ton-o-time, an abundance of frustration, days of speaking "french" and perhaps a few temper tantrums that would have made me look much younger emotionally, LOL.

Don't ever under value your own skills, especially the one that allows you to hear what others are saying and take that under advisement. You've just about gotten this first install under your belt and the next ones (while each will offer a new challenge) will each be more satisfying to you and your customer!