Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
jerrmore Member Posts: 1
in Gas Heating
I have a heater that has a Honeywell SV9520H8034 gas valve. The signal is 6 and 1. Is the valve bad?
6 flashes plus 1 indicates Soft Lockout condition maximum retry count was exceeded - 4 trials for ignition in the call for heat. Check the following:
- 1. Gas supply off or the gas pressure is too low to operate the appliance
- 2. Damaged or broken HSI element
- 3. Appliance is not properly grounded
- 4. Flame sense rod needs cleaned or is grounded to the appliance chassis or is out of position
- 5. HSI element and flame sense rod wiring not making a good connection.
None of these indicate anything is wrong with your gas valve.
- 121.3K All Categories
- 84K THE MAIN WALL
- 2.9K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 53 Biomass
- 417 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 40 Chimneys & Flues
- 1.7K Domestic Hot Water
- 4.7K Gas Heating
- 119 Geothermal
- 155 Indoor-Air Quality
- 3K Oil Heating
- 56 Pipe Deterioration
- 771 Plumbing
- 5.4K Radiant Heating
- 362 Solar
- 14K Strictly Steam
- 3K Thermostats and Controls
- 51 Water Quality
- 625 Buy, Sell, Barter
- 38 Industry Classes
- 73 Job Opportunities
- 17 Recall Announcements