Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Before you just reset it

Options
j a_2
j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
Hi just to pass on some very recent findings…Last weekend we had 3 calls for tripped spill switches….All 3 times they told the truth….One had a new two year old liner that was eaten thru by squires and built a nest,,,next one was filthy and needed cleaning…next one had a birds nest at clean out tee on b vent…Owner had addition put on and vent was only inches off the roof, go figure….poor draft also rotted the 26 gage smoke pipe over to the water heater….Homeowners, please don’t just reset it, or move it or bypass it,or anything it….Investigate it….That little duda can save your family…..
RobG

Comments

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    That's up there with the people that ask "why is my relief valve dripping?" Answer: because it's working.
    "why is my backflow preventer dripping?" Answer: because it's working.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    Options
    Indeed. If it's a manual reset, it's there for a reason. If it tripped, it tripped for a reason. Find out the reason before you even think about resetting it...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    And the stupid c o detector keeps going off…..I ll fix that, ill just remove the batteries….all set nite nite
    icesailor