Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ESBE Thermostatic Mixing Valve replacement

initram Member Posts: 15
edited November 2014 in Domestic Hot Water

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement ESBE thermostatic mixing valve for domestic hot water? (I'm in Sudbury, Ontario) I've called all local suppliers and they all carry Watts or Honeywell. I'd rather stick with the ESBE as it has an asymmetrical design and the other brands don't and would require some unnecessary plumbing. I need to replace it because it is no longer working properly. When I set it to min. or max. the water temperature remains the same. It also allows the hot water to back-flow into the cold water source resulting in warm water coming out of my taps. So I would need one that has an integrated check valve. According to ESBE I think I would need model VTA322 3110 06 00.

http://www.esbe.eu/global/en/~/media/ESBE PIM_ESBE sync BR/Documents/Data sheets/GB/VTA320_520_GB_D_LR.ashx

The one I currently have is model T30 2583 (That's what is listed on the body of the valve under the plastic casing you see in the picture). I tried searching for online for any info I could find with the numbers on the valve but it seems like it's a discontinued/undocumented model.

So if anyone can help me locate one of these mixing valves it would be greatly appreciated. Other brand recommendations are welcome as well... as long as they have integrated check valves. I will consider them if I really can't find a ESBE replacement.

Thank you.