Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No central heat with Munchkin 140M

Joe_28
Joe_28 Member Posts: 15
edited October 2014 in THE MAIN WALL
Installed a Munchkin 140m with 925 controller and Vision 1 approximately 10 years ago at my daughter and son-in-law's house. We have had few problems with the system, until this season. The boiler is firing for the indirect but not the central heat. It does have a signal from the thermostat. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Gordy

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    I think that you just wanted to show off your awesome piping job. You really know how to use that 1.414 number. Nice job.

:)
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,559
    edited October 2014
    Joe,
    I would start by jumpering the ch call on the boiler to be sure it is not a flaky switch issue.
    Power off then on
    Reset button?
    Check any error codes or lights
    Verify the settings in the vision controller.
    Verify flow through the ch
    Call tech support.
    Nice piping
    Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    RobGBobbyBoy
  • Joe_28
    Carl, I'm going back to the Munchkin tomorrow. Already tried power off/on reset button, no error codes. Icesailor, I really do have a problem here, but thank you both for the compliments.
  • icesailor
    HTP Tech Support is very good. Always ready and able to walk you through.
  • Jr_12
    Jr_12 Member Posts: 38
    I'm going to guess it's your outdoor sensor. Check the outside temps. (D4 in the status menu) either the temps are too high or you have a faulty sensor.
  • Joe_28
    And the plot thickens…. Got back to the Munchkin yesterday. thought I would do the annual combustion chamber clean out first, pulled the burner and was met with a spray of water from a pin hole in the HTXC. After checking with the supplier about warranty, found that it would only apply to a replacement Elite boiler which has the same type heat exchanger. Located another 140M which was removed from service in 2011, made a deal for it, and switched out the heat exchangers. By 6:00 pm, started troubleshooting the original problem. As it turns out, JR was spot on. Had a bad outdoor sensor. Jumpered it to get back in service and have a new one on order. Thanks for all the advice.
  • icesailor
    Back to basics.

The #1 rule of troubleshooting.

Like they teach doctors in Medical School.

"If you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras".
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Veterinarians have a harder job than a doctor. They can't ask their patients questions
  • icesailor
    Gordy said:

Veterinarians have a harder job than a doctor. They can't ask their patients questions

That may be true. But many Veterinarians are better troubleshooters/diagnosticians than human physicians because they don't usually cloud their minds with inconsequential facts.

Both get to bury their mistakes.

We have to own up and learn from them.

IMO.