Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Simple solution for teenagers and tankless heaters

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,559
    That is great application. I am actually looking for a 12 volt DC version of that for a warning sign.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    And here I thought the solution was the tankless heater.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,715
    My Uncle used to time my cousins after 10 minutes he turned off the hot water supply valve. He would have probably loved having a push button.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    The problem with turning off the valve is the pressure balance valves see the drop and shut off the water. By just turning off the tankless the water gets nice and cold. lol
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,715
    When he used to do this...it predated those pressure balance valves so it got nice and cold.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    TonyS
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    My wife takes long showers.

If I put that on the shower, or I put that on when I had teenagers, there would probably have been a division of the property. She and the teenagers would be using the inside of the house, and I would be getting the outside. I could probably come around occasionally use the outside shower. But she would have the timer set on that. To teach me a lesson about selfishness.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Gotta choose your battles. You go tankless for endless hot water. I'd prefer an honor student that takes long showers myself. On the grand scale of things, using too much hot water is pretty far down.
    CanuckerRobG
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    The only time I ever ran out of hot water was if the burner ran out of oil or someone accidently turned off the emergency safety switch when reaching for a coat in the dark.