Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

my new supply additions are good or not?

heatingFun
heatingFun Member Posts: 84
I am adding two more zones onto the existing one zone water heating system.

From the picture you can see I plan to add two more supplies branches to the right with two 45 degree turns.

The existing 007 circulator is taken off and will be replaced with a new 007 circulator with flow check valve.

The first addition locates in between two 45 degree turns.

I have circulators in hand and the spaces are enough for these circulators.

Do you think this layout is good to go for now? Anything wrong there?

thanks,
1.jpg 103.6K

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Sign up for Taco's FloPro University, it's free. Watch their tutorial about pipe sizing. Also, pull up the installation instructions for that air scoop. There are placement restrictions for it. Just make sure it is OK. You'll be pleased with what you can learn.
  • heatingFun
    That air scoop is the original existing one zone system installed 5yrs ago by a professional. You see anything wrong? I think I am a member of that university and have some emails but never pay attention to it. I will have a look at it now.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited October 2014
    Go to their Hydronics Step by Step course. I can't see the inlet side of the scoop in your picture, but there needs to be an 18" minimum, straight run there.
  • heatingFun
    Somehow there are about 1' straight run. He made two 90 turns and then 1' straight run to the scoop.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    So, you kind of have a mess going there. You are installing a new boiler and 2 new zones. It looks like you are redoing 80% of the piping.
    Why not do it all right?
    Move the airscoop so you get the required distances. Better yet go with a microbubble model that requires less distance. Support the pipes correctly. Unistrut on the wall is much cleaner than that "halo" contraption you have.
    The header should be sized for the flow rates. (2ft/sec or 4ft/sec reverse return)
    What kind of crimp is that on the fill valve? It looks like one for an irrigation system.
    How do you intend to purge the system?
    The way you have it set up the expansion tank is the collection point for the dirt that caught in the air separator. It will last longer if you move it to the side.

How long would it take to clean up the whole thing and have a project you can be proud of?

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Rich_49RobGBobbyBoy