Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How to use the new Wall.

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,583
edited September 2014 in THE MAIN WALL
If you were on the previous Wall, your username and password will work here. If you can't remember either, you can use your Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, OpenID or Twitter account to login. Or you can start from scratch by filling in the short form to your right.

Here are some tips and tricks on using this forum:

Use the reactions to share how you feel about other’s comments. The most liked content shows up on the Best of page.

Mention others. put the @ symbol before the username to mention someone. They’ll get notified when you do.

Update your notification preferences. You’ll receive a notification if someone mentions you or posts to a discussion that you’ve bookmarked. You can set notifications from the Edit Profile page.

Post a comment to someone’s Activity Feed on their profile page. Remember, these are comments can be seen by everyone. You can private message members too by going to your inbox.

Don’t want to see everyone’s signature? You can hide signatures by going to Edit Profile > Signature Settings.

Check out the forum from your mobile phone. Just go to the forum URL in your browser - no need to download an app.

Want to embed a YouTube video, a Pinterest Pin or a Tweet? Just paste in the link.

Check out what’s going on with other community members on the Activity page.

Have fun!
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Doesn't seem like the clutch and brake pedals have been switched around too much!--NBC
  • DanHolohan
    Funny!
    Retired and loving it.
  • agurkas
    agurkas Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2014
    There are whole threads missing. For example, there was a discussion I started about TRVs and balancing the system. Lots of really good answers and points. Now it is gone.

https://heatinghelp.com/forum-thread/151476/Replacing-Vent-Rite-valves-with-TRVs-on-single-pipe-Need-advice was the URL
    nicholas bonham-carter
  • DanHolohan
    When did you start that thread? I explained that we were going to lose some threads during the migration but some kept posting anyway.
    Retired and loving it.
  • agurkas
    agurkas Member Posts: 238
    I did not see the explanation. I think I posted yesterday and then several folks added to it. Sorry, mostly am sitting int Strictly Steam, so did not see any announcements. It is what it is, I asked unanswered questions in a new thread today.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Hi Dan, this will take a little getting used to. Does each thread and responcs have the dates listed?
  • DanHolohan
    Yes, it's right under your name.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Don't click the "New" button next to "share this" and think you're gonna comment. It opens a dialog box, and I couldn't figure out how to close it. Whiz that I am.
  • DanHolohan
    If you click on your screen outside of the box it should close for you.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Hi Dan,
    Thanks! Is it possible to post a response to a statement anywhere, or only at the end.
  • DanHolohan
    edited September 2014
    Only at the end, but you can refer back to that person.
    Retired and loving it.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,764
    Paul48 said:

Hi Dan,
    Thanks! Is it possible to post a response to a statement anywhere, or only at the end.

Or you can quote what the person said so everyone knows what you are responding too. I like this method better because it keeps all posts in order top to bottom, but gives reference to what the other person said within your post. The quote button button is under ever post that anyone makes along with all the other buttons for agree disagree etc. Again I am really liking this new format!

2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • DanHolohan
    KC_Jones said:

Paul48 said:

Hi Dan,

Or you can quote what the person said so everyone knows what you are responding too. I like this method better because it keeps all posts in order top to bottom, but gives reference to what the other person said within your post. The quote button button is under ever post that anyone makes along with all the other buttons for agree disagree etc. Again I am really liking this new format!

Exactly. Thanks for that clear explanation!
    Retired and loving it.
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,860
    Looks great so far!Is there an RSS feed?
  • DanHolohan
    Checking on that.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    RSS is now turned on and any reader will recognize it. I'm using Feedly and it works like a charm. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,860
    I see the rss sign on the blog page, but not on the wall. but thanks, things are progressing very well.
  • DanHolohan
    I'll check on that.
    Retired and loving it.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,123
    Am I the only one that cannot get pictures to expand at all? They list as high resolution but all I can get are the tiny previews. I tried both the latest version of Chrome and IE 11
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,440
    ChrisJ said:

Am I the only one that cannot get pictures to expand at all? They list as high resolution but all I can get are the tiny previews. I tried both the latest version of Chrome and IE 11

There are tabs that link the pics near the bottom of the post. Once you open the pic, you can enlarge it.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • I see my avatar on my profile page, but not next to my name. I have tried unsuccessfully to reinstall it--any tips for that?--NBC