Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

RESIDENTIAL 2psi Gas??

Options
Don_197
Don_197 Member Posts: 184
Just ran into this for the first time.....poor installers.....poor salesman.....poor homeowner. Been in commercial for 11+ years and recently took a job managing a residential department (now I remember how much less stress there was in commercial). The installed two inserts and a logset and went to fire them up........so much pressure they couldn't light the pilots. Office manager came and asked me what I thought. I said "its a HOUSE right??" she said "yes....a house" to which I replied "then the regulator or meter must have blown. LOL!!

bettin they will be installing new gas valves in all three appliances. Whats WORSE??? I have been the instructor for the residential gas licensing program in our area for the last year...........and 2psi, 5psi, and 10psi gas is not even in the curriculum (I didn't write it......it is covered IN GREAT DETAIL in the commercial gas licensing curriculum). Why do we always have to learn these things this way???

8-)

Don

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,435
    Options
    2psi where not....

common can be used residentially....provided you use the proper maxitrol 325 lbs to inches before the appliance.  I my self have done this a number of times and is makes long runs much easier w/ smaller diameter pipe.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Thr tables and

charts are in NFPA 54 and also International  Fuel Gas Code.