Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AC help

Need some info.

I have a comfortmaker FSM2X300A air handler with a TXV valve. It can use R22 or R410a. I would like to use a goodman condenser as I can get a discount on it.  thnk you Daxer

Comments

• Daxer
    Daxer Member Posts: 2
    More info

I want to know if the goodman GSx130241 2 ton 13 seer R410a ill wok with the comfortmaker FSM2X300A
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    possible

If both airhandler n outdoor unit are both 410.you would have to change the indoor metering device to match the outdoor unit.never seen a txv that could do both a blend n a refrigerant.keep in mind a mis-match system is not ari rated n for most manufactuer that will void warranty.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,363
    R22

That AHU is listed for R22 and comes with a R22 TXV.

Attempting to connect an R22 coil (even if the TXV is changed) is a bad idea. It's almost impossible to flush all the mineral oil from the coil and that will result in reduced performance and equipment life.

That will happen even if it's a listed ARI match. What you got will not be and therefore will carry no warranty.

There's no shortcut to doing it right, but that will result in the best performance and least cost overall.

If you're a homeowner attempting this, I highly suggest that you get a QUALIFIED pro and save yourself a lot of stress on your person and wallet. No competent pro would attempted this.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Has the Comfortmaker A/H been in use? Or still in a box? There are many R-22 and 0r R410a TEV's meaning they will work with either refig. But are you sure you have one? The PD on that unit says it's a R-22 unit. If the A/H hasn't been used I would just change the TEV and go ahead and give it a whirl. Since you seem to be getting the " fell off the back of the truck " discount you don't have to worry about warranty anyway. And if that is the case and you attempt to get warrant parts you can expect a knock at the door.