Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best Option

Here my situation was screwed over by a geothermal company so I'm left with no heat in my home since everything was ripped out. The only fuel that is available is oil, so Im unsure if I should install a regular oil fired peerless with a coil and baseboard or since i plan on installing central air putting a coil on a air handler and using that for heat. I live on long island in a cape on a slab so my options are slim. if anybody has any suggestions and can help me out i would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Everything was ripped out

Everything?  No ductwork, no pipes, no groundfield?

No LPG option there?  What about an inverter-driven ASHP?
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,434
    Give Us A Call!

We'd be glad to help. I operate Scully's Plumbing in Nassau County. Let me know if we can help in any way!
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    What happened

with the Geo , Oh wait a minute , Ground Source Heat Pump ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Oil

If you are going oil,there are many better choices than a single pass pin boiler such as a Peerless WBV. If you have a chimney,a triple pass boiler/indirect/reset control will yield much greater efficiency. If no chimney available, I would go with a boiler built to direct vent such as a Buderus GB125BE or Firebird. Or a power vented Energy Kinetics,all of these choices are leagues ahead of pin boilers and will use 30-45 % less oil annually
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.