Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

IPads/Tablets

ddrddr Posts: 14Member
We have, over the past year, shifted our service department to using Iphones. Seeing the many benefits, we are now moving into Ipads/Tablets. Does anyone have experience with integrating current fuel oil software systems like (Ignite) into these devices. We are basically a mechanical company that has long delivered fuel oil.

Derek

Comments

• JackJack Posts: 1,044Member
    I would suggest

that you go to iTunes and search Mypointnow/Venture. It is a program for contractors to quote schedule and bill from an iPhone or Android platform. I spoke with Chris recently and know he is working with a couple fuel delivery companies on exactly what you are looking for.

Btw, he grew up in the front seat of an oil truck, is an ME and ran a distribution company. You won't have to explain your business to him. He just won the Gold Medal for contractor software from the HVAC News. Perhaps best of all, I have seen him work on equipment. He remains the best service tech I have ever seen.
  • STEVEusaPASTEVEusaPA Posts: 3,175Member
    You could....

Ask your software vendor.  By now they have to have mobile integration into their software.   For what some of these vendors charge for industry specific software, I found it cheaper to buy FileMaker, and make my own.  Completely customizable, integrates with apple products (only).
    steve