Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IPads/Tablets

ddr
ddr Member Posts: 14
We have, over the past year, shifted our service department to using Iphones. Seeing the many benefits, we are now moving into Ipads/Tablets. Does anyone have experience with integrating current fuel oil software systems like (Ignite) into these devices. We are basically a mechanical company that has long delivered fuel oil.

Derek

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    I would suggest

that you go to iTunes and search Mypointnow/Venture. It is a program for contractors to quote schedule and bill from an iPhone or Android platform. I spoke with Chris recently and know he is working with a couple fuel delivery companies on exactly what you are looking for.

Btw, he grew up in the front seat of an oil truck, is an ME and ran a distribution company. You won't have to explain your business to him. He just won the Gold Medal for contractor software from the HVAC News. Perhaps best of all, I have seen him work on equipment. He remains the best service tech I have ever seen.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    You could....

Ask your software vendor.  By now they have to have mobile integration into their software.   For what some of these vendors charge for industry specific software, I found it cheaper to buy FileMaker, and make my own.  Completely customizable, integrates with apple products (only).
    steve