Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flow check.

Eric_51
Eric_51 Member Posts: 30
If the circ. is pumping away from the boiler and the expansion tank and it has a check valve, I use taco sentry zone valves and spring check valves on the return do I need a flow control valve to stop ghosting

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    How is it piped?

Unless you have very large diameter pipes, I am not sure why you need any check valves. The zone valves will prevent flow when the zone is not calling. The main circ only needs a check if it is opposed by another circ.

How is it piped?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Eric_51
    piped

going to run 1 1/4 out into micro bubble than to tee 1 to circ for indirect with spring check on return to boiler, after the tee the main line will have the main circ for the zones  going up still in 1 1/4  to the zones taking off  in 3/4 with ball valves. At the end of the zones will be taco sentry valves going back to 1 1/4. This will go down to boiler with a spring check were the return for the HH will meet then both go into boiler. the water feed will be on the bottom of boiler with the drain. I have not decided on putting the expansion tank on the boiler or the bottom of the bubblier, leaning on the boiler by the PRV.
  • Zman
    Check valves

It sounds like the circulators need check valves.The zone valves will suffice for the zones. I don't know why you would add the zone checks.

Carl
    Albert Einstein
  • Eric_51
    checks

So you are saying with zone valves and checks in the circs I dont need any check valves installed...
  • Zman
    Checks

If I understand your description correctly, that is all you need. Post a sketch if you want to be sure.

Carl 
    Albert Einstein
  • Eric_51
    edited March 2014
    drawing

i'm no artist...the box with the x is were the taco sentry zone valves are
  • Zman
    edited March 2014
    Check valves

You only need checks at the circulators with that arrangement.
    Albert Einstein
  • Eric_51
    thank you

thank you for the help zman
  • Eric_51
    thank you

thank you for the help zman