Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

is there any law for

magic90015
magic90015 Member Posts: 26
hi.

I was wondering,

is there a plumbing law for apartment complex where

the heating pipe should be installed near by wall support or ceiling?

I just found my apartment complex has many wall suppor and ceiling nearby that makes the raddling banging noise.

If so where can I find the document online?

Thank you

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,261
    There should

be a law against raddling banging noises. It drives me into a fit of uncontrollable rage every time.

If you could be a little more specific we might be able to help you. Wall supports, ceilings and heat pipes don't give us a lot to go on.

Harvey
  • magic90015
    magic90015 Member Posts: 26
    just want to find the plumbing code

i fixed the noise. but it seems the basement in this apartment installed so many wall support, ceiling nearby heat pipe and heat pipe isn't still also. and there's lot of gap in wall that also makes the heat pipe hit the wall to cause the raddling banging noise. I did find plumbing handbook online that says don't put heat pipe too close to wall or ceiling but trying to find the state law or plumbing building law that's against this cause of the raddling noise.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Law:

There isn't any law.

Pipes that rattle are the result of poor installation by hackaroos.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Yeah, there's a law...

It's called common sense. A lot of folks live in constant violation of that law.

Other than support methods and intervals, the is no specific law.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • M Lane
    M Lane Member Posts: 123
    Plumbing codes

are considered law, at least here in Colorado. Inspectors have badges. Both the IPCC and UPC define piping supports floor to floor and in horizantal intervals, but they are not defined enough to prevent rattling per say. Most of my inspectors will grab and shake, and gig us on a bang. But then I want no warranty issues, so I go the extra mile. With plumbing sudden-off valves require shock arrestors, which helps.

But mostly it is a case of how much integrity the contractor brings. Many have the 'if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying' mentality. More 'laws' never help anything; what is needed is more information out for the consumer to know who the good guys and why they matter; and that you usually DON'T get what you DON'T pay for.