Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat

Options
How long will my heat to warm up to 75?

It's at 65

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Normally About

8 to 10 feet.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Heat

Are we talking about an actual measured temp or your perceived temp on a given day.

Temperature is an actual scientific measurement. In your pasts posts you have indicated you beleive otherwise. I think the first step is admitting that you like the house warm, real warm.

No one can tell you how long it will take without a ton of details.It will vary a bit based on outdoor temp. You could just time how long it takes and go from there.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    How quickly:

It depends on how cold it is outside, and if you have a lot of excess radiation (in which case it will be quickly) or not a lot, if any excess radiation. In which case, it will take considerably longer. If you don't have enough radiation, it may NEVER get to 75 degrees.

So, I guess we could say, "It depends". On things.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Hmmm

My boss likes to ask me, "How long is it going to take to do that?" My response is usually."Just until it's done". The list of unknown factors that would affect the answer to your question, could take up a wing in the Library of Congress.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    My house

uses metric. It usually takes my heat about 3 meters till I'm warm.
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    Funny You Ask That

Last night I turned down a slab radiant zone to 65 degrees, this morning I turned it up to 75 degrees and it took just over 2 hours. I have close pipe spacing, and a really well insulated slab, but it really surprised me because it was about 14 degrees outside. This customer is going to go with set back, even though it is a slab, because of the quick recovery time.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.