Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone in the Elmira, NY area?

Dave Stroman
Dave Stroman Member Posts: 766
I have a customer who's parents house froze up.  They need their cast iron radiators replaced.  Anyone in that area that can help?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    NY

Seems to be a real lack of boiler men up there. 4 hour drive for me. Hmm.....could rent a room for the weekend...
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    edited January 2014
    Try...

Adam Brown

Adams Plumbing and Heating

Cayuta, NY

I haven't seen Adam for twenty years, but he's well experienced and does neat work. Tell him I said "hi".

You'll have to look up his number.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    JStar

Are you now Thatcher Heating and Cooling? Are you still Ecuacool? I checked out your Facebook page, did you work in Mike Rowe's house? Sorry about all the the questions, just wondering.

Rob
  • masterofnone
    masterofnone Member Posts: 25
    Could try

Halco Heating at (607) 733-0420 or www.halcoenergy.com. They cover much of central New York including Elmira . They perform annual maintenance/combustion analysis on our mod/con boiler near Ithaca and are trustworthy IMO.
  • JStar
    Name

Yes, we changed our name to Thatcher recently. Slowly going through the process of switching everything over.

I don't think we've ever worked in Mike Rowe's house BUT I would love to. He's the only celebrity icon on our side.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2014
    JStar

Are you retiring or reorganizing? I haven't seen much of your hot water work, but if it's as nice as your steam systems it would be a big loss in the hydronic field to lose you.

Rob

Never mind, I just saw your last post, and by the way, your work looks like crap!!

Just kidding, I mean eveything that I said at the beginging of this post. You do some of the best work that I see!!
  • JStar
    Retiring

I've got a few decades left before retiring. We're making absolutely zero changes except for our name. Same owners (myself and ttwo others), same quality of work.
  • J. WALTER BOOTH
    J. WALTER BOOTH Member Posts: 22
    freeze up in Elmira

Dave

we are a local supplier in Elmira, have your father contact us and we can give him

a few names to call

we have experienced multiple freeze ups this year

idbooth.com