Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


I have a bunch of manometers but have somehow lost the connectors to the gas valve and don't remember what they look like.  Are these connectors available by themselves?
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab


  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    They're usually

    Just a standard NPT male to hose barb fitting.  Off the shelf most anyplace.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696

    Firedragon sells them on his website, they have a small screw inside them so you can leave them on the gas valve and turn them on or off
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited January 2014
    The internal shutoff sounds interesting

    #240 & 241 on the site -- got a photo or a drawing?  How do they connect to the hoses?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,542


    They work just like the test port on a triangle tube boiler.

    They thread into any 1/8" plug hole.

    Really slick when you are trying to test multiple things.

    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696

    Hopefully the attachment comes through, 

    240 -

    Gas Pressure Tap Fitting -

    The #240 Gas Pressure Tap Fitting is used

    to quickly connect a 1/4" manometer hose to gas valve (1/8"-27 npt) -

    one pair. The fitting fits onto most gas valves and pressure regulators and

    allows you to quickly check and adjust the pressure of the valve or regulator.

    Once the correct pressure is set a simple turn of the fitting closes it off,

    read Firedragon Field Note #15
    [size=12]here[/size]. The #240 also can speed your day along by using it

    as a pressure fitting for your draft gauge or manometer. Just drill and tap an

    1/8" hole into smokehoods, fire doors or anywhere else, mount the #240

    once and just open it when you need to take your readings.

    Buy them by the bag full #241 and save time and

    money. Use our

    to quickly open and close

    the internal valve.

    241 -

    Gas Pressure Tap Fitting, 10 pairs of

    NOTE: All of our adapters and testers are supplied ready to

    install and use and are constructed from heavy duty brass for long life and durability.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356

    Those do look slick.
  • Connectors

    Thanks, Mikey and others. That's exactly what I wanted.

    Go Niners.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

    Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Press Tap Fittings:

    You can also buy some "Press Tap fittings which are 1/8" NPT on one end and 1/4" OF Flare on the other. The flare end is just a Schrader Valve. You can make some "rig" like I did so that you can use a hose from a AC pressure gauge set up and always have a quick way to test something and nit need to deal with the rubber connector on a manometer. I made it so I could test some gas piping for LLP that I couldn't test for leaks at over 12". I used a LP regulator and an air tank. You can devise any number of situations to use this handy fitting.

    Where U used to work, the LP providers had them on every tank and they also carried a pressure gauge and hose like they would a cell phone. So, if a tank didn't have enough pressure in the tank, they would fill the tank but leave it disconnected so that the resident would have to be there when the gas was turned on and someone could light pilots if needed.

    I got mine from FW Webb but I had to ask for them. They had them in stock in a big bag but until someone walked by and heard the discussion, and knew what I was looking for, I was out of luck. They had a name for them. But one brand name is "Press-Tap".