Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Oil to gas with power vent

rbelli Member Posts: 1
I have a smith series 8 boiler with a tjernlund ss1 power vent. I ordered a carlin EZ gas burner with a carlin 60200FR microprocessor control. I will have a 1 inch black pipe gas line to the burner. Do I need anything else for the conversion?

Thank You


  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752

    Are you a contractor?
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 3,830
    you need a lined....

    chimney. A double acting barometric draft control w/ a spill switch, a stop watch to clock your meter and  a combustion analyzer.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,482
    And lots of experience

    training and a good vacuum cleaner.

    If you are not a trained professional you are taking a chance with the lives of your family and yourself!!!!
This discussion has been closed.