Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cold spot ?

Danscrew
Danscrew Member Posts: 130
I have a cold spot in my Basement Bathroom. Tiled to ceiling 6L x 4W 6'.7" ceiling.   I have a 24" piece of fintube baseboard and its not enough  I was thinking of those Myson Radiators? in place of the baseboard I only have 24" to work with. Also I am woking off a reset so at 32 degrees I am making around 131 degree water seems like its to cool to get any heat out of a 24 inch piece  of fin tube? whats the cutoff or minium where you dont get anything out of it?   its speced at 600 BTU'S at 180 degree water I am no where close to that            Looking for any ideas Thanks Dan

Comments

• Jim Godbout
    Jim Godbout Member Posts: 49
    Panel radiation

Panel radiation is best option with small space and low water temp, performs extremely well

If you can find areas that need air sealing that is my first choice for adding comfort to any space, then you really reduce load needed

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    Towel Warmer

You need to find out the heat loss for the space then size the heater to the heat loss at you water temp.

It sounds like you have limited space, would a towel warmer work?

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    Easy fix

would be Smiths Heating Edge baseboard , @ 130* depending on which way you pipe it (there are choices) you can get anywhere from 349 - 516 BTU per foot .  Although your boiler is making 131* water at 32*F depending on where this piece of heat is situated in the loop I would imagine a lower temp at that location . I would go with a lower temp through that piece of baseboard to achieve comfort in the bathroom , a towel warmer is a good idea also as stated .

http://www.emersonswan.com/ckfinder/userfiles/files/High%20Eff%20%20Guide(1).pdf
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
This discussion has been closed.