Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TT110 Trimax control question

Options
2»

Comments

• wrxz24
    wrxz24 Member Posts: 301
    Options
    One last question

I am starting to pre build the pri/sec configuration and i was wondering if i can bring the piping from the boiler and tie into the supply manifold with the closely spaced t's from above the pipe or will this cause inverted trapping?
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Why would you?

Just tee them in below, or at a 30º angle if you have to route around other piping.  Less elbows = less friction, less noise, and easier purging.
  • wrxz24
    Options
    I would have to because

The supply manifold is going to go over the edge of the boiler so there is no room to get it from under the pipe.    This has to happen because I need 14 inches of straight pipe from the expansion tank.  So in order to catch the manifold I have to pipe into the t's from the top.  I could get to it from the side though.  Would that work?
  • SWEI
    Options
    Not 100% clear what you're describing

but they don't care about orientation (up, down, side, front or back of the pipe.  Just leave some room between the closely-spaced tees and any direction change.  I've attached a diagram that has some handy ratios on it -- pretty someone posted it here awhile back and I kept a copy.

A hydraulic separator with integrated dirt and air separation usually works out better in my experience.
  • wrxz24
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thanks

I will have only 6 inches on each side of the closely spaced t's but that is what Triangle Tube recommended on their application guide for my piping arrangements.  I just want to make sure I am safe coming down into the supply.
  • SWEI
    Options
    Interesting slide

I see this having potential relevance when the system is being purged, or when the circulator is off (and the layout is such that gravity circulation takes over.)

When the circulator is running, it "knows" only about forwards and backwards.

Or did I miss something?
  • wrxz24
    edited October 2013
    Options
    How about...

Pipe the boiler up into the return piping ? Would that help with purging etc...?

I found a photo of a set up close to mine and attached it.

Thanks
  • wrxz24
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's finished

Well, I was able to make the boiler from direct to primary/sec.

Thanks for all the help Carl.

Pete
This discussion has been closed.