Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dust

Mpj
Mpj Member Posts: 109
Was working in a house today which had a Burnham P205 boiler that had lots of dust on the front panel. Open the panel and the inside was covered with dust that looked like felt. I vacuumed out the boiler, burner tubes and everything else. The boiler is installed about 3' away from the dryer. What could be done to stop this short of moving either one. Is there anything else I should have done to this boiler?

Thanks.

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Felt Fuzzies:

Try properly venting the dryer to the outside with metal pipe and keep the lint filter clean is usually a good plan.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Do you have

adequate make up air for operation of the dryer in the combustion zone? I would move the dryer to another location. Another suggestion, something I have done in somewhat impossible situations is place some window screen around the combustion zones of the equipment, old screens connected together in a sort of box shape will pick up a lot of the airborne lint.
  • Mpj
    Mpj Member Posts: 109
    Dust

Dryer has a 4" metal vent going outside. The owner keeps the lint tray clean. As for combustion air, there is not enough. The room is very small with louver doors. I will mention the screens.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.