Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Brand New rad vent staying open.

Guys:

Do brand new radiator vents sometimes arrive in a condition that they dont close? I put an old radiator into service yesterday, and the steam did not close the first vent. It was a Dole 1A adjustable. It steamed right out the top. I adjusted it u and down, tapped on it with a pen (and then a screwdriver), and once, it did diminish the steam it was providing to my basement, but never stopped. So I put in a Maid-o-mist 6; again, brand new. This one did the same thing. Although it diminished over time, so I went to bed with it in service. I woke up with low water, so I changed it to another brand new one; this time a Durst adjustsble from HD! This one seems to hold, but I want to wait till it cools to see if it opens and closes right.

I was going to buy a Gorton 6 becuause of brand loyalty ( I have some 1s and 2 along my main and at the dry return).

Jake
ThermalJake

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!