Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Continuing Education Credits

HydroMan
HydroMan Member Posts: 14
Hello, I'm looking to find what is required to offer Continuing Education Credits. If I host a seminar on pumps lasting 4 hours, do I just need to provide a "certificate" and agenda to qualify, or is there something more needed to make it official? Thanks!

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    it's up to the agency

that has the CE requirement.  They should have a list of approved courses (or they might recognize some other organization's approval.)
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    edited January 2013
    Credentials

In the state of WA., if you want to create a CE course, you must submit the course curriculum and your credentials to Labor & Industries. Most are setting up courses on-line so the recipient doesn't have to travel to attend.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,791
    it really depends

on the agency.

Is it for one State? Sometimes you need to submit the course to the plumbing board for approval, or the division of professional licenses. Sometimes it is a simple application, no fee, quick turn around. In some states the board only meets twice a year and it takes quite some time to get an answer.

They may require a teaching certificate or some proof of your qualifications. Many times a certificate of attendance or completion, and a copy of the sign in sheet is required. It really varies from place to place.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    What is your

location?
This discussion has been closed.