Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus boiler piping

Jwsu8411
Jwsu8411 Member Posts: 8
We installed a Buderus G215 having issues would appreciate some opinions. Was told to install as primary / secondary not sure if installed correctly. I have 3 zones w/ circs, primary zone for whole house cast rads 2nd zone hydro coil, final zone cast rads smaller zone. Boiler short cycling creating major problems with system.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited January 2013
    A

215 what and what's the total heat loss and individual zone heat losses?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jwsu8411
    Heat loss

I do not have the info at this time. I trust my salesman did this company protocols are always set in place. I blame myself for not providing the proper training at that time and our salesman not having all the design work done by a wet head. TRAINING,TRAINING,TRAINING!!!
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    edited January 2013
    Need more info

Can you post some pics of the boiler, near boiler piping, circs, controls? Piping diagram?

And as Chris said, the heat loss, even a short form on the envelope?

What size 215?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Jwsu8411
    Pics

I am thinking I may need reverse return or install balancing valve on secondary loop
  • Jwsu8411
    More pics

All I got.
  • Jwsu8411
    Piping problem

Taco 3 zone control, no HW, logamatic control, LWCO not to much more need to fix without to much major repairs.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    pics

They're all upside down and when I clicked on # 3 and 4, # 1 comes up. Can you try re-posting them?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    doesn't look...

like that is truly primary secondary. What are yolu having for issues.
  • Jwsu8411
    Piping

That seems to be the issue I was not involved with this project but we still need to address it. Lack of knowledge by install team sorry for poor pics. My biggest question is do I truly need primary and secondary with this type of radiation mixture. I was thinking of isolating the loop and/or doing reverse return to aid in balancing system. Main zone is a lot of cast and not allowing proper flow to other zones especially to hydro coil.
  • Jwsu8411
    Pipe schematics

Looking for buderus recommendations of proper piping for this application any ideas.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    I'll Ask Again

What size G215 and what is the overall and zone heat losses. Your chief complaint is short cycling. You never once stated that the house was not heating. If it's heating you have flow.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jwsu8411
    Heat loss

Hot and cold spots in areas in home which I believe it's a piping issue I do not have the manual J we used still stuck in 19th century. Very good concern I am working on getting the info dug out for reference.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Piping

The "near-boiler" piping is incorrect and should have either an 11/4 or 11/2" supply and return header, not 1"

Buderus G215 boilers do not need P/S piping.

I'd be using zone valves and (1) smart pump, rather than separate pumps for each zone.
This discussion has been closed.