Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler piping help

John42
John42 Member Posts: 3
HI all im new to the forum and a DIY, i have recently purchased a new home and am slowly doing all the work myself and am now at the point were I need some help, the boiler piping layout itself. The work I know I can do but the calculations and sizing I am unsure of and to ensure the most efficiency I would prefer not to make a mistake. Is there a service out there were you can give all your system details and get a piping diagram on it should be done?

Comments

• vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Question...

Another homeowner here... a couple of questions: is this for steam or HW heat? If steam, what type of system: 1-pipe or two? Are you looking to replace your boiler? Lastly, if it is a steam system, you might want to post under the steam section so that the experts and other readers don't miss your post. Good luck.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • Design

What part of the country are you in?  You might be able to find a contractor near you that would consult with you for a fee.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • John42
    boiler piping help

I live on Long Island NY, its a hydronic system, I have a weil mclain oil fired WTGO-4 oil fired boiler (which i will change in a few yearst after my gas conversion) and already have installed the radiant piping for first floor and baseboard on second, I also need to install a indirect water heater to eliminate the DHW coil in the boiler. The radiant consists of 3 separate zones each with there own floor sensor and 8 loops total, each loop is 220' from manifold to manifold.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Contact me

I do consulting and design. Send me a P/M by clicking on "Contact this User" under my handle.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • John42
    thx

Ironman PM sent

thx
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Sent My Info

Just sent you my info.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
This discussion has been closed.