Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where can I get push nipples?

eklektech
eklektech Member Posts: 6
I have a Smith G200W5 boiler with a Dunkirk block. Does anyone know where I can buy push nipples for that boiler block?

Or does anyone know where I could cross reference that block with others that use the same nipple?

Just for a chuckle, I"ve included a pic of how I fixed my boiler from leaking on the floor.

Thanks

dave

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Uh...

Have you tried Dunkirk?

Dunkirk homeowner support: 866-847-6656
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 220
    nipples

do you want to repair that boiler . i would think you would be better off just replacing it . how old is it
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Leaking sections

You should probably order new sections as well, as I am sure the faces of the sections into which the push nipples go are corroded as well.

Have you any idea what has caused this-excessive makeup feed water, dry-firing, or sludge in the bottom?--NBC
  • eklektech
    Uh....

....yes i tried dunkirk. some young woman answered, asked for my zip code and gave me a phone number which i called and the guy that answered said they have all the seals and gaskets.  "we aint had nipples in years."
  • eklektech
    old?

best i can tell, that boiler is close to 40 years old and aside from the broken nipple, i see no reason to replace it. i like to fix things instead of tossing them in the landfill and replacing them.  i'm oldschool like that.

I took the boiler out last week, took the right end plate off and after several attempts, milled a nipple which is sealed up just fine.  I'm assuming the problem is that from the jostling around, the seal on the next nipple down was broken and now leaking.

I'm not looking for a bunch of commentary on my boiler, I'm just asking if anyone knows where I can get new push nipples.  if you don't know, i don't see the need for the blather.

• eklektech
    sections

it's odd that although i have had the opportunity to actually see the face of the section, which is, oddly enough, in beautiful condition, that you would speculate on said section.

what i think caused it is a faulty pressure reducing valve that didn't consistently keep the pressure at 12 lbs.  I didn't know this until recently and have replaced the valve. and as a co-respondent to the valve, the pressure gauge on the boiler itself, when i emptied the system read '8 lbs.'

once again, any info on the original question would be great.
This discussion has been closed.