Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TT sounds like a trombone

I installed a TT PS 60 in fall OF 2011 just as the heating season finished it started to make a howling noise upon cold start-up. When the customer fired it up for this season it is still doing it. I finally had a chance to closely look at it. It only lasts for about 20-30 seconds, I was thinking that the air supply pipe to the blower was the right length to start resonating, I removed it and still does it. When it stopped howling, I put my fingers over the blower hole at the venturi and it would howl until I removed my fingers, then quiet. Has anybody ran into this, if so what did you do to fix the problem. I thought I'd check with you guys first before going to tech support at TT. Thanks for your help.

Rich Davis 3-M's

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Trombone

We had numerous problems of this sort last year with several TT boilers. The gas valve, MCBA board and air supply pipe were replaced and the combustion was set richer to solve the problem. Sometimes you can fix this issue by talking to tech services with a combustion analyzer on the appliance. They'll give you the parameters for both low and high fire rates.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Also...

If you have a gas regulator piped within 10 lineal feet of the boiler's gas valve, it can cause this. If so, increase the distance between the regulator and the boiler.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Gas Pressure

May be to high.
This discussion has been closed.