Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Grundfos Magna - which mode?

Matt_67
Matt_67 Member Posts: 193
I just installed a grundfos magna on a cast iron radiator system with TRV's and outdoor reset.  I am just curious what mode others have used in in this situation and with what results.  The other times I've used the magna were on apartment buildings with zone valves - I left it in the auto-adapt mode and it worked fine.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,066
    Which

Model? The modes are clearly spelled out in the manual dependent on system type and head requirements. For instance a 65-120 would be run in the proportional mode if the head is higher then 13'..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Matt_67
    Matt_67 Member Posts: 193
    grundfos 40-120

It is a 40-120.  The system has some long marginally sized pipe runs to the furthest radiators.  I left the pump in the proportional pressure mode as per the manual.  I guess I'm just trying to understand why that would be better in my situation.  Constant pressure makes more sense to me.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!