Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Temperature settings on a Buderus Condensing Gas Boiler

Options
LRC
LRC Member Posts: 1
I have a Buderus Logamax plus GB -45 condensing gas boiler and was curious as to what the recommended settings are for the Domestic Hot Water (DHW) dial and the Space Heating Water Temperature dial ?

Not sure what they are currently set at, but I do get hot water.  However, the hot water baseboard heating takes forever to get up to room thermostat temp. (4 degrees over an 8 hour time frame)

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    GB 142-45?

I think that is the model you are talking about.

Most folks set the DHW to about 120. If you have a scald protecting valve , you can run it higher and kill anything that is breeding in your tank. Legionella is the most common. It takes about 140 to kill it. Unfortunately 140 presents a scald hazard.

As for the heat.Hopefully your boiler is set up with an outdoor sensor and the am-10 controller(it will be mounted in the blank space next to the 2 dials). If it is, you can set an outdoor reset curve and vary the temp of the water based on the outdoor temp. This will give you the best efficiency. I would think the range would be 120-180 with this setup.

If you don't have outdoor reset. you probably need to set it in the 150-180 range. You can easily look to see if the boiler is achieving the set temp. If it is not. you may have a problem with the boiler. Your model requires regular maintenance or the exchanger will plug up.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.