Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

gas rolls into burners& delay ignition

Options
heat411
heat411 Member Posts: 3
Cleaned burners ,cleaned pilot   gas pressure before valve 7.0 wc after gas valve 3.5wc  gas rolling out & also blows into burners

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    In other words

you have "flame roll out" and "flashback" along with a delayed ignition which means it comes on with a bang? Does it ever stabilize at any time?

How is your draft on the flue/chimney?

Do you have a combustion analyzer?

Is this a boiler or a furnace?

Are there any fans running in the building causing a reverse chimney?

Is the input to the boiler correct, have you clocked the burner at the meter?

You could have a blocked chimney, plugged heat exchanger etc?

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Also.........

check the gas orifices, especially the one that provides gas to the burner that has the pilot attached to it. I've seen this a couple of times where a spider's egg sack will block the orifice, preventing gas from getting to the burner and delaying ignition.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Keep cleaning

If the vent is working; the inside of the boiler's flue passages could be building up a layer of scale, dust, rust, etc that may be choking off the flow of exhaust trough the boiler.  If the piping is not in the way, taking the top of the cabinet apart is sometimes simple and gives the necessary access.
    Home Owners Please Note:

You are receiving advice from some very skilled pros completely free of charge. One of the reasons I participate is to sharpen my own troubleshooting skills. So; did we get it right? I would be grateful if you extend this courtesy back by posting the final outcome of the issue you are inquiring about. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.