Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utica SSC Series Boiler

Has anyone installed the newer Utica series SSC boiler yet, any thoughts, good or bad?

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    yepper

I installed one last Fall. Runs like a dream. Very well made. Makes me proud that it's made in Merica. Built in bypass valve makes it very easy to pipe. Friendly keypad. Needs a display that's easier to read. The one I installed you had to take off the cover to see what was going on.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    yepper

I installed one last Fall. Runs like a dream. Very well made. Makes me proud that it's made in Merica. Built in bypass valve makes it very easy to pipe. Friendly keypad. Needs a display that's easier to read. The one I installed you had to take off the cover to see what was going on.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Excellent Boiler

I'm a little partial, though. I was one of the contractors that ECR brought in for input regarding the design.

Like Wayne said: pri/sec and circ already built in. Heat exchanger is very well designed with low head. It's a helix coil s.s. steel, down fired.

Very easy to install.

I like the WH Knight just a little better for some applications because of its control system and low head, fire tube heat exchanger. But its install time takes longer than the Utica because you have to do your own pri/sec and it's somewhat difficult to get the gas valve off to convert to propane.

The Utica may be a little more in cost, but it's more than made up for in time and materials saved installing.

I would highly recommend it.

The'res also the ECR branded gb97 wich is the same boiler with a couple more features:

It can be piped top, bottom or a combination of both. It can also be floor mounted or wall hung. The Utica/Dunkirk is only bottom piped, wall hung.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
This discussion has been closed.