Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Had dinner with Henry S.F. NachaJ

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
and his wife last evening here at one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Rhode Island. Henry posts here as just "Henry" from time to time and comes from Canada.

It was a very enjoyable and enlightening time for both of us I am sure. Henry is an inventor, code official and Director Services Tech. for GazMetro in Montreal (Quebec)

I gave him the tour of my center and we talked about the differences between what our friends in Canada are doing and how slowly we are moving here in the USA in the realm of accomplishing higher efficiencies as a mandate. Canada has been 90 plus since I believe Jan 2010.

It was a great time.

Comments

• Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Great meeting

We had a great time discussing and exchanging ideas. I also learned a few things. You are never stop learning things! BTW, I work for Le Groupe Charbonneau, Quebec's largest mechanical contracting group and we don't do ventilation! Right now, we run over 250 employees. You may visit our website www.plomberie.com There is an English version for each company and some pictures. Due to the latest software upgrade by our website host, the formating of the text was changed. This is something I will take care of sometime this month.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I bet that was an interesting evening...

The Canadians are light years ahead of the US in some areas, but then there is their approval of open systems.... Two steps forward, one step back. Open combination space/DHW systems SHOULD be illegal (in fact, interpreting the plumbing code, they ARE illegal) any where in the WORLD. Conflicting codes....

I guess you can't keep all the people healthy all the time ;-)

Would loved to have been a fly on the wall at this meeting ...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.