Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Homart 600 fan not working in auto

Options
homart
homart Member Posts: 1
I am buying a house with a homart 600 furnace. I can turn the toggle switch on at the furnace but when I adjust the heat up or turn the fan to on at the thermostat all I hear is a click like a relay at the furnace but the fan does not come on? The appraiser just needs to see the fan come on with the thermostat any help?

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Does the burner

come on? Does the fan come on when set to "Fan"?

The fan on a call for heat will come on after the burner has been on to heat up and cause the fan control switch to close powering the fan motor.
  • VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    Options
    No Fan

What you are describing is typical of a failed fan motor.  Could be other things too, but most common would be a dead fan motor.

The thing you have to be carefull about is many older furnaces will keep bouncing off the high limit:  this is a sequence where the furnace burner comes on, the furnace heats up, the fan is switched on but doesn't function, a small amount of hot air may gradually waft up through the vents.  The furnace continues to heat up until it hits a over-temp high limit that turns the burner off until it cools down and then it starts over again in 5 min.  If the limit switch then fails; you risk a house fire.

In a house that has been for sale for a while, the previous owner may have been reluctant to get it serviced, so it may have been limping along like this for some time.

Just googled the Homart 600.  Old.  Consider replacing.  the energy savings of new gear could exceed the interest expense of financing it making it an easy decision to make.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.