Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

plugged circuit loops

service1
service1 Member Posts: 5
no circulation thru 2 circuits of radiant in slab heat.  No success with a purge, couldn't get any flow.  Isolated boiler and put air to it and was still unable to push thru.  No heaves in concrete.  Any ideas how to find obstruction or kink in line?  I was kind of thinking tracer wire locate but didn't know if that could push thru all the turns and it could be out there 100 ft.  Has anyone had success without breaking out too much concrete?

Appreciate your help.

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    circuit flip flop ?

Could the circuits be crisscrossed some how, or is the piping disconnected on both ends?
  • service1
    service1 Member Posts: 5
    plugged circuits

I'm pushing thru the supply and coming back out the return manifold.  Only the return has valves for purging purposes.  So the supply side is all open.  these circuits aren't affected by other zones since the supply that I'm pushing thru is not isolated from the other zones, so if it was on another zone I would still be pushing thru the pump to these circuits.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    try

to blew that circuit out in the reverse. In other words, disconnect feed and returns, and blow from return side. I have seen stuff lodge itself at a kink, but won't continue on thru a loop. Worth a shot. Good luck
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    the reverse trick....

might work. did you try plain air? What type of tubing are we talking about?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I think you misunderstood Bills question/recommendation...

If you had one plugged circuit, I'd say it was a fluke. Having 2 plugged circuits indicates that both ends of the tube circuit are connected to the same manifold. i.e. supply or return.

QUestions: DId it EVER work correctly?

Who's tubing?

Oxygen barrier tubing?

What ferrous components in the system?

Have you pulled the circuits off of the manifold and attempted to blow through them while disconnected?

The only tubes' Ive seen plug were non barrier tubes on a system loaded with ferrous components. They were also small diameter (3/8") tubes.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    My thinking is

Disconnect from the manifold entirely, and blow through each line and see where it comes out, or if it does at all.

Could be a problem with the manifold. The most restrictive point is at the manifold connection (takes the 1/2 ID tube and makes it more like 3/8 at the barb fitting, or compression fitting))
This discussion has been closed.