Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

rockport8@verizon.net

Brassie
Brassie Member Posts: 1
I am about to up grade my 45 year old boiler 4 zones in a 2700 sq fr home. Two contractors recommended Burnham 150W (wall mount) alpine high efficiency. another has recommended any one but Burnham  he said any one mfg by Giannoni  and a fourth one said that the best is a Triangle Tube Prestige with a SS heat exchanger. A little research on the net has left me confused since some "pros" claim The Alp150 has several problems and Burnham warranty is problematic. The only thing I have learned is to stay away from aluminum. One Pro told me tf come to this site for the best advise..

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    That pro is the one

Any pro who would know of this site is obviously interested in quality of service, and installation. Any high efficiency mod/con boiler will need yearly service/cleaning.

Make your decision with this pro who seems the most knowledgeable.

What's is wrong with the present system?--nbc
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    Not that many exchangers

Most of the mod cons on the market use the same exchanger. It is a high head low volume horizontal coil. It is the same one munchkin used. These are OK but require significant circulators and regular cleanings. The Triangle tube is a firetube HX as is the newer lochinvar and dunkiirk. You will see much fewer troubleshooting posts for those exchangers. The are low head loss medium volume and work very well.I think you are wise to stay away from aluminum.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    start with

A heat loss to the building. Once that is done, look at the unit's of choice and compare the warranty's. You will find that the HX has a long warranty but the parts in the system generally have a shorter warranty (controls, electronics). Then search for them online to see review's of each system. I also like to watch for comments about tech support as a company standing behind a product is what counts in my book....The next issue is the installer. Is he familiar with your choice and will he install it per manufacturer specs. Last, will he be  there in 6 month's to a year or two when it  needs servicing or if something malfunction's...
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Take

a good hard look at Viessmann. The Triangle Tube is also a decent piece of equipment.

http://www.technicalheating.com/sites/default/files//styles/large/public/DSCF5123.JPG
This discussion has been closed.