Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for Steam pro in SW Connecticut

Options
If anyone can recommend one in/near Fairfield, CT that would be great. The "find a contractor" didn't turn up anyone very close.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,373
    Options
    There aren't any...

in or near Fairfield, CT -- ordinary working stiffs can't afford to live there.  However, there are a couple of good guys in New York City (Find a Contractor, New York, New York) and on in Lenox, Massachusetts (ditto, Massachusetts)
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options

Is the unit oil or gas fired?
  • SteamBeez
    SteamBeez Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Paul..

System is Gas Fired.

Jamie,

Thanks for your constructive response.  Sounds like you have spent a lot of time in the area.  Believe it or not, there are plenty of working stiffs around, three generations of them here last I counted.  Not everyone lives in 6000 sq ft mansions and if they do, I doubt they are doing their own plumbing.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    ah

I saw your other post. We're in your area, but only work on oil customers systems. If I come across a steam guy in the area I'll let you know.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,373
    Options
    Well, you're right

particularly if the working stiff's family has been there for a while... the McMansion thing just looks that way from a working farm and museum in northwestern Connecticut!

Paul may be able to help you out with a steam man; if not, try JohnNY in New York or Charles Garrity up in Lee.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • SteamBeez
    SteamBeez Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks Paul

Please post if you do.  As to your question on the other post, I insulated the pipes a few weeks ago.  Helped to alleviate most, if not all the water hammer in the system and keep the heat upstairs....

Jaime, was just giving you a hard time, but yes....the area is becoming much harder for the working class to live here.  With taxes and housing demand coming from NY Metro area pushing its way as far east as it can, lots of folks are picking up and moving north and east.  But, its still a large and varied town and has a very strong working class presence.  That being said, I know a few "blue" collar folks that are living in pretty stately homes.  If you are good at what you do and can run your own biz then the best place to be is where people need big, expensive, and complicated jobs.....maybe not steam ones though because they ripped out their radiators when they tore down the house to build a bigger one with a big dry forced air system with no personality.  My radiators snore louder than me.  I couldnt live without them.....
This discussion has been closed.