Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Gas Valve

Options
JohnG_3
JohnG_3 Member Posts: 57
I need a replacement for a Honeywell VS820A1237 gas valve.  I bought a Honeywell VS820A1054, which the source assured me was a valid substitute as the 1237 model is no longer made.  It's for a 300,000 BTU/hr natural gas boiler.  All the evidence I have been able to find on the Internet suggests that the 1054 valve is a valid replacement for the 1237.  Can someone say for sure and state your source of information?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    If you have

The new valve, it should have come with an instruction packet.

Honeywell will always list the part #'s of other valves they have certified the new valve to replace
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,628
    Options
    Trust me it is the replacement

Why is the valve being changed? That is a powerpile gas valve so there is a very sophisticated procedure for troubleshooting those systems was that done?

For verification on that replacement go to www.customer.honeywell.com type in the numbers in the cross reference section and it will verify.

If you are looking for that procedure go to "RESOURCES" above then "LIBRARY" and look for Tim McElwains Closet, then the Procedure for Troubleshooting Powerpile Systems. There are also millivolt charts in the closet for plotting out your readings. For more information contact me at gastc@cox.net as I have a complete manual I sell on Powerpile Systems and how to troubleshoot them.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,628
    Options
    Well as things go

I tried the Honeywell cross reference on their site and got nothing, sorry to miss lead you.

I did however check the Honeywell Catalog Publication 7--6910 and the 1054 is a good control for replacement (which I already know as i have put in hundreds of them). It will as a 3/4" x 3/4" valve handle up to 335,000 BTU's. It is a standard opening valve as indicated by the letter "A" following the VS820 number. As was the 1237 valve.It is set to 3.5" W.C. outlet pressure as was the 1237. I also checked the Honeywell Cross Reference Publication 71-96022 and it is a good control.

Do you need anything else?
  • JohnG_3
    JohnG_3 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Reason for Replacement

Thanks.  To answer your question, the valve is being replaced because the old one got stuck on.
This discussion has been closed.