Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

unreliable buderus GB 142

Options
4321 Member Posts: 1
Last Nov.2011 my new furnace and hot water heater was complete--A Buderus 142--the furnace on the wall looked fantastic in my damp stone cellar.Everything worked great for the first month--then the story really begins--I should mention the heat is forced hot air--propane.  Anyway, I would come home and the house was cold--the furnace stopped--6A would be blinking away---I must say the person who did the installation continues to come and reset the computer---when I can't reach him I just turn the whole thing off, wait a few minutes and start it up again with success.  The MAIN problem is it is not reliable--now that the cold weather is here-I either have to make sure someone checks the house when I'm  away or stay and babysit.

Anybody out there who has had a tempermental/unreliable Buderus GB142--what did you do???

Margaret of Massachusetts

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    6a

Indicates no ionization after ignition. Has your installer checked gas pressures? Did he set the unit up with a digital analyzer? Checked the flame rod? Checked with Buderus tech support while on site? Just resetting the unit will not solve your problem and may be a simple issue to correct...
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,388
    Options
    Unreliable Installer?

Why do blame the boiler for being unreliable when it's doing exactly what it should do: that is, locking out because of an ignition failure? I would suggest that you find a reliable technician that knows how to do more than press a reset button. Check the "Find a Contractor" tab above or post your locale and someone here may be in your area or may be able to recommend a good tech.

I've installed several Buderus GB142's and have found them to be the most reliable of any of the mod/con's that we deal with. One of the men that works for me part time is the former Buderus rep. and trainer for our region and his experience is the same. The problems that you're having always come from improper installation, adjustment or servicing.

Please review Ichmb's recommendations as he has given the most likely reasons for the lock outs you're experiencing. Ask your installer if he's done those things or knows how to. If not, you need to look for a competent tech.

Again, someone here can probably get you help.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
This discussion has been closed.