Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a book

Options
Glen
Glen Member Posts: 855
The Gas Fitters Guide to Electrical Schematics by Ken Smith, published in 1991 (at least my copy). Is it still in print, or is Mr.Smith still with us? I have used this as a basic text/exercise book for my gas classes; its a good starting point and reference.

Comments

• bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Book

I found the title on Amazon but as you already know.....currently unavailable.

Did you try e-bay or Craigslist ?
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    Here is another good source, BUT

https://www.abebooks.com/

they do not have it either.
  • Glen
    Options
    tried them all

eBay, craiglist, kijiji, amazon. Next step will be to write the publisher ....
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Book

Let us know if you have any luck finding it Glen, it sounds like a good book to have
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    RE

I may have an extra copy. I'll write back when I find it.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    I have the book

in my library the information I have is:

KLS Training Corporation

240 Portage Road P.O. Box 670

Lewiston, NY 14092

There is also an address in Canada

I do however believe that the book is out of print. I have all of Ken's books and actually had some contact with him years back. I have a feeling the company no longer is in business.

I would be happy to send you my copy and you could have it copied and send me my original back. Contact me at gastc@cox.net
  • Glen
    Options
    As always -

The Wall is a very helpful place: and thanks for all the offers - I do have a copy of the book and I have it scanned as a hi-res file as well. I am particularly interested in contacting the publisher or author to formalize me and our College using the book - I do not wish to infringe on the copyright although I have been using some of the schematics on a regular basis. Tim - I would be interested in the Canadian address - can you PM me with the info? Or post it here - your choice. Merry Christmas -
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    Glen,

I think you could go ahead and use it with out concern. KLS seems to have disappeared from site. I called phone numbers I had for them and they are not even listed anymore, someone else has their old numbers.They were there own publisher under an ISBN number 1-895258-03-0 so if they no longer exist the material is public domain and can be reproduced by anyone without concern.
This discussion has been closed.