Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mod/Con Boilers Volume III is in print

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
MOD/CON BOILERS

VOLUME III

JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS

This manual features the Viessmann Vitodens 200-W-WB2B with Lambda-Pro

The manual contains over 400 pages of vital information on Modulating/Condensing technology. It is geared toward troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with systems and controls. There are over 80 pages of color illustrations. The manual contains 8 chapters covering the following:

GAMA which is now AHRI

ECM Motors

Hydraulic Separation from Caleffi

Viessmann Vitodens 200-W-WB2B

Operation and Installation as it pertains to Troubleshooting

Important Features

Vitotronic Controls

Lambda Pro System

Control Technology

Troubleshooting

There is also an accessories section covering:

Mixing Valves and Controls

Switching Module

Vitotrol 300 Installation & Operation

Low-Loss Header information

Color Pictures of actual installations

The cost is $129.95 + $15.00 Shipping

and Handling

SEND CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO –

GAS APPLIANCE SERVICE TRAINING AND CONSULTING

22 GRIFFITH DRIVE

RIVERSIDE, R.I. 02915

401-437-0557

FAX 401-270-1893

E-MAIL GASTC@COX.NET 

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    For Christmas ?

Why not? Good idea Tim! Especially since I recently ordered Vol #1 & # 2 ..........................For Thanksgiving! I Thank You !
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Manuals

Ill be looking to get my hands on Vol #3 as well
  • AFred
    AFred Member Posts: 81
    All 3

Hey Tim, do you have a 1,2,3 package?
  • Tim McElwain
    Others have ask about

a special price for all three volumes> I am checking with my printer to see what we can do so I will get back with possible pricing.

For those who do not know Mod/Con Volume I featured the Munchkin, Elite and Mod/Con from Heat Transfer Products. It also had the Triangle Tube boilers.

Volume II covered the Weil-McLain Ultra 1, 2 and 3.

In addition each volume covered some other topics such as in Volume I Condensing Boiler Technology, Negative Pressure Gas Valves, Boiler Types and Piping Strategies and Modulating Gas Valves.

Volume II Understanding AFUE, Boiler System Efficiency, Modulating is it Efficient (this was a discussion from here on the Wall about that topic). Outdoor Reset with Baseboard etc.

A lot of good stuff. I will let you know about a package price by next week.
  • Tim McElwain
    Here is what we can do

for pricing until the end of the year (January 31, 2011).

Volume I Price is $149.95

Volume II Price is $99.95

Volume III Price is $129.95

Total  is   $379.85 will offer all three for a 5% reduction to $360.00 plus $20.00 Shipping and Handling for a total of $380.00 for our friends in the USA. For Canada contact me for pricing as we have the exchange issue and increased shipping charges to deal with.
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    order

Tim,

I'd like to order the trio. How do I go about ordering all three.

Thanks, James
  • Tim McElwain
    James or anyone else interested

contact me at gastc@cox.net and I will forward an order form to you. Then just send a check or money order and we will ship to you. Sorry we do not take credit cards.
  • Tim McElwain
    For those ordering

be advised delivery will be at least a week to 10 days on manuals as we are processing a lot of orders.
  • Gavin
    Gavin Member Posts: 3
    Mod-Con boiler and cycling

I just finished designing a large system for a 35k sqft building using the largest Viessmann Vitodens 200-W-WB2B (105) with a 120G buffer tank, and when we went to order the boiler the guy says that 200-W-WB2B can't be cycled. That you should modulate (100k-350k net) but the boiler wants to keep running.

1) Is this true? I know about short cycling, but never cycle?

2) If so, can anyone recommend a mod-con boiler that doesn't mind cycling, and what is minimum run time? (I thought if we got it running 10 minutes or more per firing we were good to go). Thanks in advance. G
  • Tim McElwain
    The answer is

that boiler is a Modulating/Condensing Boiler. Modulating is much better than a cycling system for efficiency and balanced heating. Welcome to the new world of gas heating the days of straight on/off cycling boilers will soon be a thing of the past. We will soon be mandated to have ODR (Outdoor Reset) which is what controls the modulating concept on this boiler along with some very sophisticated programming available. You will not be sorry with the Viessmann as a choice.

By the way this was not really a good place for this posting as it will get lost in the ad for my manuals. Try posting it as its own posting you will get a lot more responses that way.
    Daveinscranton
  • Tim McElwain
    Still plenty

avaialble, order now and get manual just in time for Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.