Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

US Radiator Corp Boiler

Options
GWD1
GWD1 Member Posts: 1
House was built in 1955 and we suspect that the boiler was too!  Never had a problem during the first 18 years, but now have gurgling sounds in the pipes that are inside the ceiling plaster.  We have recently noticed water dripping outside of the house through a small copper line coming through the soffet.  New boiler will be in near future due to lack of efficiency.  Old model has two circulating pumps to send water to front and back of house.  Will I need two seperate boilers to accomodate the two piping systems, AND, how do I stop the leak, AND, please help me stop the GURGLING sounds.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Sound liks (no pun intended)

there's a leak in the system and you're taking on lots of fresh water, which releases air when heated. The air makes the gurgling sound. You'll need to find the leak before you do anything else. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Also, where is your

expansion tank?  Is it up in the attic or in the basement?  If you follow the pipe back into the house, where does it go. 

Without seeing a design of your system, you should be able to use one boiler.  But there are benefits to using 2.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.