Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peer Pinnacle Pi140 Ignition Fault

Good Morning. I have a Peerless Pinnacle Pi-140 boiler that was installed new in 2003. On start up this season it faulted showing a 4 pulse fault code of "Ignition Failure (No Flame)". It sounds like the gas valve is working and the electrical plug is connected. The gas supply is turned on. I'm assuming the 120VAC line source is correct because it does go through the start up checks. The last thing the manual suggested was to make sure the flame rod was connected and clean. It is connected and it appears to be clean. Any direction, information, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    Does the burner

come on at all even for a short time? If it does and then goes out you need to check the microamps on the flame rod. It always helps even if the rod looks clean to take some soft clean emory cloth and just shine up the rod.

Has this unit been serviced and cleaned since it was installed? If so what were the last combustion analyzer readings?
  • rlcarroll
    rlcarroll Member Posts: 3
    No Burner Ignition

The burner doesn't ignite at all. I replaced the flame rod. I'm waiting for the new spark electrode to arrive. There is some rust on the external base of the spark electrode. I have not had the boiler serviced since it was installed. I have been accomplishing the seasonal checks in the Fall and Spring, but only per the owners manual.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    I strongly recommend

you have a professional come in and do a complete maintenance procedure per the Installation and Operation Manual. These units need serviced every year and failure to do so can result in major problems.

It will also need a combustion analysis so make sure who ever you hire is able to do that for you, if they can't do not hire them.
  • rlcarroll
    rlcarroll Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see if one of the distributors in my area can help me with finding proper service.
  • TMorg
    TMorg Member Posts: 23
    Pinnacle

Ask about the upgrade control. It will work much better.
This discussion has been closed.