Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Alpine Exhaust Temperature

Options
blindermo
blindermo Member Posts: 2
I have just had a Burnham Alpine 210 Boiler installed.  I cannot find a spec (if there is one) for the temperature of the exhaust air.  It is currently exhausting clouds of steam at about 130 F degrees, which seems very hot to me.  My understanding is that these units are supposed to exhaust very little heat, so this suggests to me that it is not burning efficiently. 

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    Did they

set the unit up with an analyzer?
  • blindermo
    blindermo Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm sorry,

I don't know what an analyzer is.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    check

with your installer to verify that your unit was set up to spce's using an analyzer..There's no guessing as to whether it's running right or not that way..
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Also

Be aware that exhaust gas temps rise proportionality with boiler water temp. If the outdoor reset feature is functional on your boiler, the water temp will rise as it gets colder outside.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    To Me

130 degree exhaust says the boiler is condensing and seeing around 110 degree return water which in turn tells me it is running near or even 95%. General stack temps on condensing boilers are 20 degrees higher then the return water temperature the boiler is getting from the system.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.