Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WM EG-45 burner drawer

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,708
OK so I finally am at the point I can start putting the boiler together.  It has only taken a few months with all of the other problems and the fact I'm always at work and never home.

But anyway I pieced the burner drawer together just to see how things go together and I'm surprised at how loose the burner tubes fit.  They appear to simply lay in a groove on one end and slide over the orifice on the other.

Is this correct?  Are they suppose to slide back and forth on the orifice?  If I get a pro out to tune this what exactly does he tune or is that why the tubes slide on the orifices.
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Looks good the way

you have it. The movement on the burners allows for very slight primary air adjustment as these burners do not have air shutters. A very slight movement forward or back will slightly change the flame characteristic's. The flame should be a soft blue flame not roaring not lifting nor flashing back. When the combustion test is done this will really not affect the test as it is based on secondary air and excess air factors.
This discussion has been closed.